Sunday, February 8, 2009

Our "New Life"

Well today was our last "offical" Sunday at our Colorado Springs church.

New Life Church (maybe you have heard of it on Oprah, or Larry King, or maybe HBO?)

Ahem!

I remember the first time I knew that it was the place that God wanted me to attend. Will you join me for a walk down memory lane...

The year was 2001 and I had just graduated high school. I had been to the youth group at New Life a few times before (not experiences that I would like to re-live so we will continue on...). This particular Sundy, it clicked. I was hungry for the presence of God and loved worship... New Life excelled at both of these. The messages challenged me, the worship ushered me into His presence, the community was rich...I was home.

Over the past 8 years, I walked through the church doors in many different states--I can remember low points and high points. I have wept, laughed, prayed, worshipped, made friends, met my husband, lost friends... There have been times that I contemplated leaving but never felt the Lord allow me to go. There were times I could not have imagined a better church.

Over the last few months, I have felt the ties being cut. Or maybe it was just David and I chosing to pull back. If I sit and dwell on leaving this church, tears fill my eyes. So much invested, so many memories...it has been a pleasure to be counted with this congregation through all our trials.

Goodbye my sweet church.

and on a happier note,

Hello Denver United!
How appropriate that New Life would plant a church in Denver during the very season that God has called us to serve there. :)

That is why today is not so sad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
I’ve given you an award!
http://vanitysfair.wordpress.com

You are very obedient and for that, you will live abundantly!

Mo said...

when he closes a door, he opens a window. right?

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio