Monday, June 16, 2008

On the corner of Crooked Tree Lane and Four Winds Way...

is where I met Amanda when I was 3 years old. We had just moved to Monument and I was riding my bike down the street. We were instant friends but funny enough, began fighting that very day. Throughout childhood we rode bikes, played house, went to the dog track (and played with funny money, her grandparents owned the track), watched movies, had sleepovers, tortured her brother, rode horses, went to Camp Shady Brook every summer and still fought almost every other day. We must have been too much alike!
I can't remember the exact year that she moved to Montana but I think I was in 5th or 6th grade. We kind of lost touch through the years but I would always try to send her a birthday card or write from time to time. Oddly enough after high school we have gotten better about keeping in touch. She even came out for my wedding in 2006 when I didn't even expect her to come (I sent an invitation for nostalgia sake). We keep in touch mostly through Facebook or Myspace now (gotta love em') and through the occasional card in the mail. Last Saturday we were even able to meet for breakfast here in CO. She was out from D.C. for a wedding and we made sure that we were able to see each other. I must say how thankful I am for friendships like ours. We have known on another through all the seasons of life. I appreciate the way that we can connect even after we have led such different lives.
Thank you, Amanda, for being my friend for 22 years.

1 comments:

Joanna said...

Yay! I found you! I am so excited about your blog!
It was great to see you the other night - thank you so much for coming!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio