Thursday, September 18, 2008

Our BIG news...

WE ARE MOVING!

Today our house officially went on the market and now the waiting begins and praying continues.

It feels like we have arrived since much of the last month has centered on getting the house sell-ready. We have been interviewing realtors, fixing our bathtub, cleaning the carpet, painting, cleaning, painting, going to Home Depot, painting, going back to Home Depot, getting cracks fixed, painting, PRAYING and cleaning. David and I are ready to get back into the rhythm of life but we know that this is just the beginning of the moving process. :)

About 6 months ago, the Lord starting moving in David's heart about joining FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) full time. Translation: he would retire from teaching (hey now, he taught for 4 years...that's a loooooog time people, ha!) and go into their school of sports ministry (really an internship) for 1 year then to be hired on staff. The great part about this is that he needed to complete a 3 month internship this past summer and FCA worked perfectly for this. Well, to make a long story short, David and I truly felt the Lord's leading about all of this and he applied.

FCA is pretty saturated down here in the Springs and there is a great need in South Denver. You guessed it...that's where we are headed. It has been a leap of faith but with each leap I feel the arms of a strong Savior holding us up. The great thing about FCA is that it is full-time ministry. Therefore, we call upon those that we know, those that have been called to be Kings to support ministry and in turn make it financially possible for us to live this life. So many of you have supported us, again, a testimony to the faithfulness of the Lord. Thank you!

One other blessing has been my job. Donor Alliance is based out of Denver (coincidence, I think not) and they were amazingly wonderful in making a position for me up there. When our house sells, I will be able to transition to an Organ Recovery Coordinator, which is a very nice promotion for a nurse like me. I give all the credit to the Lord because David and I have been believing for a miracle like this for months. David told me countless times to keep believing for the Lord to open the door and He did.

Now I have more faith to believe for the sale of our home. There are 3 others for sale just like ours in our complex and we all know about the economy. However, God has told us to move, He has opened doors, and I look forward to the post I will write when He sells our home.

Patiently waiting....on day 1.

2 comments:

The Stewart Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! What a big huge monumentous occasion! I am sure the house looks beautiful and it will sell super fast!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and introducing yourself! I love meeting new blog friends : ) And congratulations on the move! It's a coincidence because (as you may know) we just put our house on the market and are in the same boat as you guys...hoping and praying that our house sells, despite the crappy economy and various competition within our same area. *sigh* Adding you to my blogroll! :)
-Kaley

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio