Monday, November 10, 2008

Where will you be on New Years Day?

David and I will be on an all-expensed paid trip to sunny California to watch the Rose Bowl Parade!




No we didn't win the lottery or rob a bank to pay for such an excursion....I won the "creative challenge" at my work!

Yes me, the left-brained, numbers girl, won a right-brained contest...nothing short of a miracle, I know

Let me explain...

Each year the Rose Bowl Parade has a float that honors organ and tissue donation across the country. Each year my work sends a donor/recipient family to walk with the float and two employeese to help with the final touches on the float. One of the employees is chosen by a drawing. The other employee must submit a creative work that communicates what donation means to him/her. I chose to compete and spent many hours in prayer trying to come up with something meaningful.

I used a lot of pictures to communicate what donation means to me and I don't have a release to post the picture mosiac that I made on the internet so you will have to ask me to email it to you if you want to see my work of art! :) Nevertheless, the panel selected my picture as the best and that is why we have been blessed with a free trip to Pasadena.

Thank you Lord!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Whoohoo! Thats awesome!! Yes, email it to me!! :)

Joanna said...

Wow! That's so awesome! Good for you! You must be so excited. We did the Rose Bowl thing one year but we were one of the millions of people camped out sitting on the sidelines. No special treatment like you will get - I can't wait to hear about it! :)

The Stewart Family said...

Congratulations! I was wondering what had happened with that. Your idea was perfectly amazing! You two deserve it...ENJOY!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio