Sunday, April 26, 2009

Some people gamble,

Some people do drugs,

Some people lie on their taxes,

Some people eat too much...


~I buy new bedding~
Ever since I was little, I loved getting a new comforter for my bed. My mom will probably shout "amen" when she reads this since she paid for countless when I was growing up. I don't know what it is about a new comforter that makes me ready to take on the world. Maybe it is the new smell or that the room gets an instant face-lift...who knows?! The only things I love more are, well, Jesus and David, of course! ;)
We bought a new bedding when we got married {2.5 years ago people!} so I have been scouring the stores trying to find a new duvet that both David and I like. He is not so into the flowery patterns and solids are not my first choice.
Well, we had a deal that when we moved to Parker I could buy a new duvet... and this is where the story takes an un-expected turn. When we got here I couldn't find any duvets that were {worthy of my adoration} better than what I already had. So, I made peace with my addiction, received prayer and decided to stay with what I had ...until this weekend when I sauntered into Pottery Barn {1st mistake}. I wanted to look for some decorating ideas {lie: I really wanted to check out the bedding}. David obliged and we went in... and came out 36 minutes later with a new duvet {which was actually on sale, which is important to note because if you have ever been into Potter Barn then you know that everything is fifty times as much as a person anyone should pay for it!}. While I was there, I was also introduced to the fabulous Euro-style pillow {by the sales lady that is most certainly paid on commission}. Confession: I bought two of those as well.
So here is my new bedding in all it's glory...


What's your favorite thing to splurge on?

9 comments:

Mo said...

i have lipgloss issues. BUT, I also life facelifts and got new bedding for Christmas. I got my duvet at overstock.com and it's reversable : ) i can switch it up when even i like.

I hope he reads the sign...and always kisses you goodnight!!

Anonymous said...

HELP !! Ali needs a 12 step program to get over pillows and sheets.

Mom said...

The room looks pretty Ali. I thought I bought all of that for you guys as a wedding gift last time?? Anyway, I see your order of importance. God, David, bedding, Mom... sleep good. :)

Anonymous said...

I like to splurge on trips. Just booked a Dominician Rep trip for Oct, I am not having another bad birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heather
oh and I do love the new bedding!

The Stewart Family said...

The bedding looks great! I am actually looking for a new set too. I love that saying by the way, above your bed. I have been waiting for the perfect spot to put that same saying. I bought it at target a while ago. I loved visiting with you friend. Miss you!!!

Cindy said...

Fallen behind on reading blogs -

How pretty your room is and I love your bed (actual bed too). I am thinking, towels to match for the bathroom? Could you work on cultivating that addiction too?

Greg and Jen said...

Cute! =)

My addiction? Shoes. ;)

~ Jen

Ali Farmer said...

Cindy---you need to write a blog so I can get to know YOU better. :)

Jen--shoes, oh shoes, I love them too!

Jaimie said...

my addiction is shoes! I can't help it.

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio