Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Journey Begins

Tomorrow, I am officially going to begin my half-marathon training. I use a program on Runner's World that takes your most recent race time, the distance that you are training for and your desired intensity, puts it in a mathematical formula and poof! out comes a special program designed for s-u-c-c-e-s-s!

Last year I ran a half marathon in Steamboat (in 2 hrs 7 minutes) and this year I am going to run the Rock n' Roll in Seattle (I think I beginning to repeat myself in these posts...).

Well our life has been a little crazy {actually the new version of normal} and my running has not been up to par so I am starting a bit early on the training this time. I am also planning on doing some cross training along with the running this time so I look a little less exhausted at the end of the race. I am also going figure out what food {anti-diarrheals} my stomach most tolerates during running so that I don't spend so much personal time in the less than pleasant {disgusting} port-a-potty, ugh!

Honestly, I am a bit nervous about being able to stay consistent with the training. Since my new job is a bit difficult to plan around, I am afraid I won't be able to stay on schedule. And if you know me, you know I am a planner that loves to stick to what's been planned {some call it anal}.
In case you didn't catch it, that was the {un}official warning that my blog may take some form of a running diary for the next four months...


Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Mo said...

in another life i'm a runner i swear. i try to run and totally suck at it. i'm just not mentally capable.

accomplishing a mile is a big deal in my world : )

Good Luck Woman!!

Anonymous said...

So fun! You can do it! Just one step in front of the other! H

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I admire anyone who runs - I'm so not one of those people! Keep us posted on how it goes :)

Anonymous said...

What a woman!!!!

I am so proud of you for doing this!!! I will be your cheer leader with the pom-poms and all!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio