Tuesday, July 29, 2008

6 Weird/Random Things About Me

I am copying my friend Joanna with this blog...

1.) I swallow my gum--since I was very young I have never had a problem swallowing my gum and I don't ever remember my mom reprimanding me for it. I have tried several times to stop but it is almost like an innate reflex. I am swallowing before I realize that I was trying not to, ugh! Then I get frustrated and give up on my resolution. If gum lasts in your stomach for 7 years, then I should never be hungry. :)

2.) I love to read other people's blogs...yes, it is a true confession here. I love to see pictures, read about recent happenings and glean bits of truth. I even read blogs of people I don't know--very stalker-ish!

3.)I enjoy going swimming by myself--David cannot understand why that would be fun for me but it is true. Often after a long run, I will go for a dip in the pool, alone. I think it satisfies the inner child in me. I see if I can go the whole length of the pool while holding my breath, practice my handstands, float and see how long I can tread water.

4.) I have watched You've Got Mail a MILLION times--and I still LOVE it! I don't know what it is about that movie but anytime I am bored, tired, sad or not feeling well I can pop it in and enjoy myself. What's your favorite movie?

5.)I will not sit on a public toilet seat--and if I absolutely have to, I place multiple layers of toilet paper on the seat. I think they are the most disgusting things in the whole world and I am not sure how I am going to do when I someday have to potty train my kids!

6.)I love new comforters--just ask my mom. When I was younger, I always wanted to buy a new comforter for my bed and she often let me. Even now (only 2 years into marriage) I am already looking forward to the day when David and I buy a house so I have a reason to get a new duvet. 2 years is a long time people...I am dying here. :)

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Yay! I'm glad you played. :) It was fun learning all those things about you. I love You've Got Mail too! It ranks right up there with Sleepless in Seattle. And that's saying a lot!

Anonymous said...

I think these are pretty good... I loved the gum thing. I would have to say, I think that is pretty odd. And you got mail. I watch it every September. I don't know why. It just gets me in the spirit of fall. I love that movie. Maybe I'll watch it today! H

Sara Kay said...

Feel free to be stalker-ish. I love that about blogs! :)

And I love You've Got Mail too. Hope your mango's ripe!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio