Friday, August 1, 2008

A Great Workout!

Lately I have been running less and hiking the incline more. You could say I am semi-addicted to it. I love it because it doesn't take much thought to get my heart rate going, it makes me sweat, I love being in the mountains, I love being around other people and I know it is a challenge each and every time. My personal best time is 35:41 and my goal is to hike it in 35 minutes or less. Lately, no matter how hard I try, I keep getting in the 39-40 minute range. I will post a picture when I finally reach my goal! :)

(Here is the view from the bottom up...)
(Here is the view from the top down...)

If you haven't ever hiked it before you definiately should put that on your "to-do" list!
Check out this website for more pictures and information: http://www.stevegarufi.com/manitouincline.htm

3 comments:

Joanna said...

WOW! You are an amazing stud. Robby did this once and said it kicked his butt. He loved it. You inspire me - I will definitely make it my goal to get out there after this baby gets here!

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so jealous. I want real mountains around me! H

"Sam I Am" said...

When you told me about this hike I thought to myself...self, that sounds like a hard hike. But, now that I see the pics I am convinced! I does look like a great workout, maybe some day I will be able to tough it out and make it in less than 60 mins! :)

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio